Monday 28 March 2011

No to Naikun Wind Farms


My deepest fear is that it is too late, that the greed of our colonizers has consumbed my people.
I look around, and see our children living in poverty, parents struggling to heal from intergenerational trauma, and we are all fighting with eachother.
Meanwhile we have lost all of our resources to corporations for a quick dime to get high.
We are addicted to this world, and the anger lingers on my lips like words with no where to go.
I always knew one day i would have to tell my daughter about Kanada, about greed, about the small pox, about Colonization, about Lateral Violence, about addictions, and the list grows longer.
My brother says his aunty has been fighting our Council for years, and i see our band offices signing deals behind closed doors, and sometimes our lone warriors get burnt out.
I pray my daughter never has to suffer the agonizing heart ache my generation is facing with Enbridge, Naikun Wind Farms, Treaties being signed selling our souls.
I pray my daughters generation will be heard when they say no.
I pray for these things, as the Tsunamis hit, the nuclear explosions, we continue digging ourselves deeper into destruction.

Dii Koyas Tawlang---> Yakguudang!

My precious relations, Respect all life.

No comments:

Post a Comment